Bupa Global update: Insurance Distribution Directive
The Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) is an EU wide directive aimed at creating a ‘level playing field’ for Insurance distribution, replacing the current Insurance Mediation Directive (2002/92/EC).
The aims of this directive are to:
- ensure consistent standards for intermediaries
- significantly raise conduct standards
- improve consumer protection
- drive effective competition
What are the key requirements of the IDD?
- Documentation – the introduction of a new policy summary, the ‘Insurance Product Information Document’ (IPID), to help individual customers understand what’s included in their cover. Access Bupa Global’s IPIDs here.
- Training and competence - ensuring professional competency of staff advising on and selling insurance products, including an ongoing commitment to training on the products.
- Product governance - ensuring that documents are reviewed periodically and that every product has a clear target market.
- Conflicts of interest - a higher level of management of conflicts of interest.
The IPID will be provided as part of our standard service to you and will be in addition to the current documentation.
Please click here for the FCA consultation paper on the implementation of the IDD.
If you have any questions or require further information please speak to your Bupa Global representative.