Employee Support Programme
A new wellness benefit for Business Health Plans
Available from 1 April 2019 (UK plans only)
Bupa Global’s Health Plans are designed to cover the mind as well as the body and can go a long way towards helping promote a healthy workforce and making a positive difference to your customers’ business.
Mental ill health affects the productivity of those in work by impairing their ability to function at full capacity. A recent WHO-led study estimates that depression and anxiety disorders cost the global economy US$ 1 trillion each year in lost productivity.*
To support the mental wellbeing of your customers and their employees, from 1 April all levels of Bupa Global’s UK Business Health Plans will include ‘Everyday Resources’ (a Global Employee Support Programme – ‘ESP’) as a standard benefit.
This applies to UK plans only.
What is Everyday Resources?
Everyday Resources provides 24/7 telephone counselling, information and resources to answer the personal concerns of employees and their dependants - to support them in times of need.
Bupa Global has connected with Workplace Options (WPO) to provide your customers’ employees with access to Everyday Resources. WPO is an independent provider of employee support services. These services will be provided by WPO directly to your customer’s employees.
Available in multiple languages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year, features include:
- Telephone support from qualified professionals to help with issues such as daily relationship challenges, everyday stress and work concerns (access is also available via free phone* email, SMS, online and instant messaging (via the iConnectYou app)
- Professional counselling sessions for personal, work, family, or emotional issues
- Worklife services: everyday help for everyday needs, such as finding assisted living for ageing parents or getting in touch with legal and financial advisors
- Website containing further support in the form of articles, quizzes, webinars, and more
- Up to 5 counselling sessions per issue, per membership year
*Some free phone restrictions apply
Support and advice provided through this service does not confirm that any related treatment or additional support which may be discussed would be covered under your customers’ Health Plan. For full details about how this service works and how to contact Everyday Resources, please see Everyday Resources section within the Health Plan membership guide.
Benefits to your customer
Your customers can leverage Everyday Resources to:
- Help identify troubled employees
- Help to plan a constructive intervention with their employee
- Provide support when educating the employee about Everyday Resources
- Address low productivity
- Motivate individuals and their team
- Train and develop employees
Benefit to their employees
Everyday Resources can help employees with issues such as:
- Anger management
- Relationship conflicts
- Parenting concerns
- Financial stress
- Surviving the loss of a loved one
- Substance use
- Low self-esteem
- Life transitions
- Physical and mental health concerns
- Managing workplace pressure
- Career progression or challenges
- Job insecurity
- Workplace violence
- Death of a co-worker
- Dealing with change
- Performance anxiety
- Conflict with a co-worker or supervisor